Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Back In time

A few weeks after I had the baby I missed being pregnant. Like hard core missed it. I'm not sure what exactly I missed but I think it was a combination of the baby classes, feeling him kick, the connection with the baby, and we didn't get the surprise.

The baby classes you ask, well for me the 6 weeks of birthing classes for me meant that one night a week I was guaranteed dinner and about four hours of time with my husband. It was like a date night but learning about all the things we should know for the birth of our baby. We did take other classes too and I actually enjoyed everyone of them and the time I got to spend with my husband. I still miss those nights at times. Now I mostly miss the time spent with the husband and the talks on our way to and from the hospital as it was a 40 minuet drive for us.

The feeling him kick and the connection to the baby I think that is more common for moms to feel. I am not really sure though. Any moms out there feel that way too?

As for the surprise part, we never got the I think this might be it. No, honey my water just broke. Well, we did get this but I was in a hospital bed with him asleep next to me not at a random place at a random moment. I don't know what a strong Braxton hicks contraction feels like, no false labor, no wishing for it to be over and for him to be here. Don't get me wrong there were times when I was pregnant that I wanted him to be out but the next day I was feeling better and enjoying the pregnancy. I don't know what it is like to labor and I think a part of me felt cheated and sad about that.

I also wish I would have done some more research while I was pregnant about a few things. Two thing in particular are cloth diapers and different types of bottles. I have recently started learning about cloth diapers and have found some great resources. Mostly friend who are doing cloth, or plan on doing it. I was also told about a wonderful store we have in the city that I recently visited. I have also been doing a lot of research lately on glass, stainless steal and plastic bottles.

I have not switched completely to cloth diapers yet but the plan is to switch over soon. We currently only have one diaper cover and two inserts. I was not sure I would be a fan on cloth inserts so I went with a cover so I could still use disposable inserts. After learning that there are liners you can use to flush the poop down the toilet and I tried a cloth insert I was almost completely sold. Now was convincing the husband which really was just explaining all my new knowledge to him so he understood. I am going to try some all in ones and pocket diapers also. Once I get those to try I will let you know what we go with and what worked best for us.

For the bottles, I have noticed that a few of the bottles we use of the occasional breast milk bottle are starting to scratch. I also started to worry about them getting so hot to sterilize them seeing as they have all these warnings about plastic bottles getting hot. Because of these things I started to look I to different types if bottles. I found that there are glass and stainless steal. I have decided to try a glass bottle. I just ordered it tonight so I can not tell you if I love it or hate it. The reason I went with glass and not stainless steal is because from what I have read stainless steal is harder to heat up with out the  bottle getting too hot. I may try one out depending on how the glass one works out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment