Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The hospital bag

Well now that you have read all about the birth of my son maybe I should move on to some of the things I really wanted to use this blog for. Although to be honest I'm sure I will blog about random things now and again. 

For the hospital bag I was so worried I would not bring something I should or too much stuff. I talked to people and read things online. I brought everything they said to bring. Clothes to wear in the hospital after I had the baby, shampoo, conditioner, a razor and so on. To be honest most we didn't use. I say an outfit for you to come home in and slippers while your there. I brought clothes to wear after I had the baby but to be honest and gross I was bleeding so bad I didn't want to ruin them so I wore the hospital gown. 

One thing I was told to make sure I brought was a nursing bra, as I did plan to nurse. I bought a nursing bra which doesn't fit any more cause after I had him and started nursing my boobs got even bigger. I didn't wear one or anything under the hospital gown but I didn't mind not wearing one. If you want something bring a sports bra or a tank that has the bra thing built in. As far as nursing someone also told us to bring the nursing pillow. I tried to use it once while I was there but really did not need to bring it at all. 

As far as your own shower stuff the hospitals isn't great but really your probably only going to take one shower at the hospital. It might not really be worth it to take your own for one shower. At least I wish I wouldn't have wasted my money on travel stuff for the one shower when I could have just used theirs. 

My husband is a diabetic so we brought food for him but snacks for dad would be ideal in case it's long and he's starving, he wont have to leave the room.  My room was freezing so a blanket and warm clothes for the hubby would be a good idea. Side note if the room is too cold ask them if you can turn the temp up we learned the last day that we could have adjusted the temperature.

If you have an iPad or laptop I would bring it. I was in the hospital for four days after I had the baby and I couldn't always sleep when he was. Babies sleep a lot and we did not always have a lot of visitors so it helped us pass the time. 

These are things that I wish I would have known and realized. Everyone has to take and do what is best for them. I'm sure I am forgetting some stuff to so if you have a question and would like to ask please leave a comment and I will let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment