Saturday, October 5, 2013

Are you a crunchy parent?

Recently I have been seeing this all over a ton of pages I belong to on FaceBook. I am a crunchy parent, I am not a crunchy, I am more crunchy than not. I would read this and think what the heck are they talking about. Am I a crunchy parent?

After reading lots of things on those pages I learned a few things about "crunchy parenting" and I still wanted to learn more so I started researching. Here is a list of things that I have found that are considered "crunchy"

*Breastfeeding (and extended breastfeeding)
*Baby Wearing
*Cloth diapering
*Attachment Parenting
*Co-Sleeping
*Vegan
*Homeschooling
*All natural products
*Plastic Free
*No circumcision
*Natural, Water, and Home births
*No crying it out
*No spanking
*Midwife care
*Delayed cord clamping
*Organic
*Views vary on Vaccines (delayed, selective and none)
*Homemade

I am sure there are many more things and that these vary. After doing this research I have learned that our family is a little crunchy. There are a few things on this list that we do. Breastfeeding is one. How long we will do it, I am not sure. We baby wear, but we also use a stroller or leave him in his car seat and put that in the cart while shopping. We did and want to try again the cloth diapering. We had a great new born cover but the one size ones he keeps leaking through so we stopped for a while. We will also will always use disposable ones at the sitters and probably when we travel. Our son does use glass and plastic bottles. We are trying to stop using the plastic ones though. Homemade, I am not sure what they mean by this but I do plan on trying to make his baby food. It seems much better for him. Co-sleeping  happens once in a while but is something we try not to do. Not because I don't like it or don't want to but the dangers scare me.

Are you a crunch parent?

No comments:

Post a Comment