Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The beginning

Where to even start...I started blogging a few years ago. My goal was to blog about trying to do 30 new things before I turned 30. I did do the 30 new things but I was not very good about blogging about them. This time I really want to stick with it and share some things I have learned along the way about becoming a mom. Yes I know there are a ton of websites, other blogs, books and your friends but if one person can learn something from me that I wish I would have know it will be worth it. Plus it might help me get some advice back.

I took all the classes the recommended us to take but what I learned after going through it is that there is still a lot of stuff they don't tell you. My blood pressure was very high towards the end of my pregnancy and I was taken out of work 5 weeks before my son was due. Every Tuesday my after noon consisted of going to the doctors office for a non stress test and every Friday my morning was spent having an ultra sound, non stress test and seeing a doctor. For those of you who do not know what a non stress is, they strap two straps with monitors on them to your belly. One tells them the baby's heart beat and the other tells them if there is any uterin activity or contractions

On Tuesday May 28th I woke up and let my 3 dogs outside. My little seven pound dogs leash had broken and I didn't realize it. When I did, she had taken off out of my yard. Thankfully a nice lady had stopped her car and was chasing her back into my neighbor's yard when I stated running to the front to go try to find her. Yes I was running at 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I was freaking out beyond belief. Those pregnancy hormones will get you every time. Even more so when your dog runs away when you think of her as more of a child. After getting her back inside and calming down it was time to eat some lunch and head to the doctors office.

When I arrived at the doctor's office, the elevator was broken and I had to walk up the stairs to their second floor office. The first thing they always did was check my blood pressure. It was very high. We figured it was because I had to climb the stairs so they were going to have the nurse check it after I had been sitting for a while during the non stress test. The nurse came in to set up the test, while doing that she did tell me if my blood pressure stayed that high they would most likely be sending me to the hospital to be monitored and possibly to have the baby. I sat there trying very hard to relax and texting my husband to let him know what was going on. At the end of the test it was still very high so the doctors told me to go to the hospital after and that the on call doctor would be expecting us. I was told I could go home and get my husband and my bags just in case. When I got home I took a shower (thankfully) and shaved. I kept asking my husband what does one wear to the hospital when they could be having a baby tonight. He laughed and said I don't think it matters. I finally found some comfy clothes and we were off.

I had called my sister and my mom to let them know what was going on. My husband called his family shortly after we arrived at the hospital.

I was terrified and a little sad. I was not ready for him to come yet. I had not reached that point that most people do where they can't wait to have the baby. I even cried a little on the way to the hospital. I was excited to meet him but I was not ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment